Director of Operations San Diego, CA | Full-Time
Why The Nomadik?
We inspire and equip outdoor enthusiasts with our monthly themed subscription box. Inside it’s packed with innovative gear from top-notch brands and an outdoor challenge to match, we call it tip-inspiration. We’re changing the way outdoor enthusiasts discover new gear, and we’re helping brands connect with the end-user and gain insights like never-before. We’ve partnered with over 150 brands in the Outdoor industry and shipped over 150k products.
This key role will oversee all operations and implement the processes and infrastructure to support our rapid growth. You’ll have the responsibility and opportunity to build our operations “from the ground up” and provide a massive contribution to the business. This is an excellent chance to join a young, fast-growing company that is redefining retail in the Outdoor Industry.
- Oversee the box theme (product) calendar and assortment planning to maximize customer value and profit
- Oversee the product and brand outreach to ensure the product pipeline is sourced in advance
- Create, manage and update subscriber forecasts on a weekly basis for purchasing
- Manage the purchasing and logistics for brand partners and raw material vendors to ensure product is shipped, tracked and received on time
- Responsible for negotiating payment terms and issuing purchase orders
- Serve as the primary liaison with our 3rd party logistics partner
- Responsible for inventory management
- Responsible for planning, monitoring, and controlling the on-time delivery of our monthly boxes to customers
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to meet KPI goals
- Implement, manage and improve software systems for vendor management (CRM)
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Evaluate the overall efficiency of our business processes and apply improvements
- 3-5 years of experience working in operations, purchasing or supply chain for a b2c ecommerce brand or brick and mortar retailer
- Extensive experience creating forecasting models, reconciling and improving
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM)
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Knowledge of multiple operational functions, including finance, procurement, logistics, marketing, customer service and web development/IT
- Excellent negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Experience in logistics (production, shipping, receiving) and/or working with 3PLs
- Ability to understand and analyze Profit & Loss statements
- Ability to learn and execute at light-speed
- Expert in Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience in the outdoor, camping or action sports market
- Passion for adventure and outdoor recreation
- Self-starter, scrappy, get-it-done attitude
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our Headquarters in San Diego, California. We offer great benefits- medical, paid-time-off, flexible schedule, pet-friendly, gear deals and much more!
Ready to Apply? Director of Operations
Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
You can expect to hear from us within 5-10 business days. To make sure we're able to give your application the careful attention and time it deserves, please do not follow up with us unless you don't hear back from us by then.